Monday, January 23, 2012

Yahoo Schedule

Hey guys, FYI. The Yahoo Fantasy Baseball site usually opens up on February 15th give or take a day.

Thursday, January 19, 2012


Hey guys. I put an MLB ad on the blog. My idea is that if anyone wants to buy something during the season, you could click on the box and access the MLB website from there. You'll have full access to all current deals in place.

The plan would be to contribute 60% of what I get to the Couch Managers pot at the end of the year. The other 40% would go toward taxes and covering my time.

Because of my Fantasy Sports Warrior website, I have qualified for lots of sponsors --- NFL, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, etc. So if you want me to post an ad for something else, let me know.

It wouldn't be a lot of money. I get around 5% to 7% typically on the deal. But it would help the pot if anyone is interested.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

IP Limit

Hey guys.  I've gotten some feedback on reducing the Innings Pitched limit to 1650 innings.  Let me know your thoughts.  I would not anticipate it going lower in future years.  Thanks.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Manager Backgrounds


I have put together a little questionnaire.  And yes , some of your responses will be featured in an up-coming "newsletter" , and maybe even twisted around and used against you (especially questions #6 and #12) .

I'm not asking for any top-secret draft strategies here , but I think it's important for us to get
to know each other a little better .
1. age
2. marital status
3. occupation
4. favorite outdoor activity
5. favorite vacation spot
6. favorite major league team
7. favorite major league ballpark to see a game
8. how long have you been playing fantasy baseball
9. how many fantasy baseball teams did you have in 2011
10. how many fantasy baseball teams do you plan on having in 2012
11. do you play in "money" leagues
12. when you were 12 years old , who was your baseball hero

There has been some "discussion" about turning CouchManagers' into a money league.  That discussion has been "tabled" , thus far.  (We feel that we have a great group of managers , and , at this point , we don't want to do anything  that would jeopardize our union) .  HOWEVER , in an attempt to improve on just "bragging rights" , we would like to enhance our prize structure .

13. would you be willing (starting in 2012) to "donate" $10 to a winner-take-all Champion's Prize .
(the idea here is to award our Champion a MLB Gift Certificate in the amount of $140.  We envision that the winner would use this prize money to purchase the MLBtv package ... about 100-120$ , and maybe get a hat) .

14. would you be willing to "donate" $20 (total) so that 2nd and 3rd place could be awarded smaller certificates .  (someone suggested to make it $25 , but ....putting a $20 bill in an envelope seems simpler) .